Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Baseball Time!

Two weekends ago was a busy weekend for us. I spent all day Sat. at my sister's track meet, and Micah had to work. Micah was a little sad when he realized that our busy weekend was the same weekend the Rangers were in town playing the Astros. We usually try to make at least one game when they come to town. We made a last minute decision to go to the game Sunday after church. 
It's been a long time since just Micah & I have got away for a little while...especially to a baseball game. But we had a great time! 

iPhone Pic




The Rangers pulled off a win (after their loss the night before). That made Micah even more happy!

This past Friday (25th) was Micah's birthday. We have a new Independent baseball team here in Sugar Land, and we've been itching to go to a game. Lucky for us, my dad bought a package of tickets this first season. He so generously let me have the tickets for Friday night's game. I didn't tell Micah until he got home from work. He knew I had a date night planned for his birthday, but he didn't know what. When he got home, he showered, and I gave him a shirt to wear. When he looked at it, he realized it was a Skeeters shirt, and thus the secret was revealed. 

We loved the family, small-town feel of the stadium. We had a great time!
My dad's seats are great! We definitely had to watch the game because our seats were in foul ball territory. And about the 3rd pitch of the game came right toward us. It hit the mascot as he was walking by. 
We had a great time at both games. Micah especially loves this time of year!!

0 comments: