Thursday, September 20, 2012

MOPS-Craft Time

We had our second MOPS meeting yesterday. Little Man did a little better in his class...I think. They didn't have to page me. My table was in charge of snacks & set up yesterday, so I had to be there early. He was the first one in his class. He started crying as soon as he saw the door. I tried to calm him down, but he wasn't having it. So the teacher just took him and went walking with him. When I went to pick him up, he was the last kid (cause we were also responsible for clean up). He was sitting with a rather unhappy look on his face. As soon as he saw me, he started crying. However, as soon as we got outside to the car, he was happy & talking. Such a silly boy. 

Anyway, to the point of my post...not that you don't all love stories of my little guy! ;) Yesterday was craft day at MOPS. We made these cute little ABC Scripture books. I've seen them on Pinterest. I've even pinned it with the intention to make them.
 
 However, if you know anything about Pinterest, you know that in most cases it's more about pinning, and not so much doing. So I had good intentions, but I'm so happy that we did these at MOPS, cause there's really no telling when/if I would have ever got them done!
 The thought is that we mommies to younger children would begin teaching our children early the importance of learning scripture. These are good to keep in our purse, diaper bag, car, bedside, etc. Most of the verses are short and easy for kids. Little Man is a little young to be memorizing scripture, but it's never too early to read it to & pray it over him. 
So we, me mostly, enjoyed another MOPS meeting. So glad I decided to join this year!

The website for these books (and other activities) is www.icanteachmychild.com.

1 comments:

The Links said...

Super cute!! Glad you are enjoying MOPS!!