Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving (a little late)

If you're not on Pinterest, you should be!! It's full of great ideas!! We hosted Thanksgiving this year, so I felt the need to make sure my house was warm & inviting. I already shared the "Thankful Tree" tradition we  began this year...that was a Pinterest find. I also added a few decorations to our house that were inspired by Pinterest.
 Like the happy fall banner. In all honesty, my intentions were to make a "give thanks" banner for Thanksgiving, but that never got done. Maybe next year. These shelves were built by my hubby.
 I made this fall trail mix for two different parties. It was a hit...both times. Not to mention Micah and I snacked on the leftovers for a while. 
This was actually not a Pinterest idea. Every now and then I have good ideas on my own. I made this card using Kaden's handprint for the grandparents and great-grandparents. By the way, making turkeys out of a 6 month old's hand print...NOT easy! But, we got it done!! The inside had a little message from the three of us. I didn't take a pic of that. 
And, the grand finale, here's our little turkey on Thanksgiving day. He tried some new foods on Thanksgiving. He had sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, & dressing. And I'm pretty sure Papa slipped him a piece of cookie & some cool whip. He's not a rule follower!!
 From our little turkey, and all the McMahon's, we hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for this year, most importantly, the newest member of our family!!



0 comments: