Thursday, April 19, 2012

11 months

So, this post is getting thrown together. The battery in my good camera was dead, and I didn't want to wait for it to charge, so I grabbed my point & shoot. Thus the so-so quality of pics. And I'm late. However, my focus has been on the big trip we're leaving for in 2 days. But I wanted to get this done before. Otherwise the 11 month post would be long forgotten. You'll be happy to know I've already taken at least 1 set of 1 year pics, so we're good there!!
 Stats: 
The last time we were at the Dr was right around 10 months...thank you Lord! He had a cold, and a double ear infection, and weighed in at 19 lbs, 8 oz. He's growing every day, so I'm sure he's closer to 20 lbs now! I think he's hit a big growth spurt. You can definitely see it in his little thighs! I love his little rolls!
 Sleeping Habits:
Kaden has come so far in his sleeping. It took him long enough!! He sleeps good at night, and we're finally getting on a decent nap schedule. He takes two 1.5 hour naps during the day, and usually a 45 min nap in the late afternoon. 
 Eating Habits: 
Kaden loves to eat, but he has been fluctuating lately. He went through a phase where all he wanted was fruit...nothing else. That didn't last too long. His Dr told us at his 9 month appt. that he might slow in his eating. Cause he should be slowing some in his growing for a bit. I've noticed that a little. He doesn't eat much some meals. But, at least right now, he's not a picky eater. He'll eat pretty much anything. His new favorite breakfast food is waffles. I buy the frozen blueberry or strawberry, and he loves them! He can down a whole waffle himself. We've also introduced milk. He did good with it. I was a little concerned he might have a milk allergy, but he seems to be fine. I plan to stop nursing as soon as we get back from our trip.
 
 New Tricks:
 Kaden loves music and he loves to sing. He knows pat-a-cake. But he usually gets stuck on the "roll it up" part and does that hand motion the whole time. He also loves "Old McDonald," and he'll sing the "e-i-e-i-o" part. He can stand on his own for a while. He likes to stand at his toy box and take toys out, then put them back in. He wants so bad to walk. Here lately he's been taking his hand off the counch (wall, chair, etc) and trying to step on his own. He's managed a couple steps on his own, but he always resorts to crawling. It's just faster... And his first real word, other than "mama" & "dada" is Daisy, pronounced "dadee." Of course it would be Daisy since he loves his Daisy. He about jumps out of my arms every time she comes in the room. I think I've heard ball & bubble, or something that resembles those words. 
Dr. Visits: 
We didn't have to visit the Dr at all this month, well not for sickness anyway. We flew to Dallas a few weekends ago, and we went to see the Dr the day before we left to make sure that his ears were clear for take off. 

General Observations: 
Our handsome man is growing before our eyes. We love this kid! His fun little personality continues to develope, and he amazes us every day. We got a baby seat to attach to my bike, and we've been riding in the evenings. He LOVES it. I can hear him singing away as we're riding around. I think it goes without saying how much we love this kid!!






0 comments: