Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Kaden's First Field Trip

For those of you who don't know, my mom is a Life Skills teacher at one of the local high schools. When I was teaching, I'd get jealous of her cause she gets to go on so many field trips. We went on 2 a year; Mom goes on 2 a month. Ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I think she does try to plan at least 1 a month. When I was teaching, I always wanted to take off and go with her as a chaperone. Well, now that I'm not teaching anymore, Kaden & I went to chaperone. :-)

 We went to the Blue Bell Creameries. If you're not from Texas, or one of the lucky states that Blue Bell has branched out to, you might not be familiar with Blue Bell. Let me just tell you, it's the best ice cream in the country! The main factory is about an hour from here, so we loaded up to go on a tour. When we went in there were Blue Bell hats for everyone. Above, you see Kaden sporting his. He actually did really well, and wore it until we walked outside and the wind took it away. I do believe it was the windiest day of the year. 
 As we went through the tour, I felt like we were on an episode of "How It's Made." We got to see all the workings of the factory & learn all kids of fun facts. Like: it takes 50,000 cows a day to supply milk to the Blue Bell Creamery. And Homemade Vanilla is still the #1 selling ice cream flavor. They produce it from 5:00am-4:00pm (the hours of operation) every day just to keep up with demand. Interesting, huh? Above is my mom, Kaden, and one of the PALS that works with the Life Skills students. She informed me that she's been adopted into our family, so she's Kaden's Aunt. Kaden didn't realize he had another Aunt. :-)
Here we are posing with Bessie (I don't think that's here name. I'm pretty sure it's Blue Bell). We had fun on our first field trip. We're going on another one with them next week (see what I mean!). Stay posted for pics from that one. It'll be a fun one!!!

0 comments: