Monday, June 20, 2011

I have to brag a little...

I have to brag just a little on my little sister. Well, she's not really little anymore. May 23rd, Daisy turned 14. She's little compared to me, but I can't believe she's going to be a Freshman in high school!! I have to brag, because Daisy has always been one to march to the beat of her own drum. She doesn't really care what people think; she just does what she wants to do. Times are changing, and so are kids. A lot of kids don't enjoy the fun of being a kid anymore, they grow up too fast. Not Daisy though. Most teenagers her age are watching shows like "Pretty Little Liars" & "MTV." Not Daisy, she likes "Sponge Bob Square Pants" & "Looney Tunes." Most teenage girls like to hang out at the mall or get their nails done. Not Daisy, she's likes to hang out at her big sister's house (me), or she's perfectly content at home. And, for their birthdays, most teenage girls ask for new phones, iPods, or the latest gadget. Not Daisy, she asked for....
A water slide. That's what she wanted for her party. So, today at 10:00 in the morning, a water slide was delivered to my parent's house, and all day long kids (and adults) of all ages were sliding down the water slide. Then she requested grilled burgers & smores for dinner. That's it. That's what made Daisy's birthday a success!! My dad & I were laughing at how innocent & naive she is. But, at the same time, we're glad it's that way. I'm sure eventually she'll grow in to being a teenager. She'll probably be into boys, etc. But for now, we like that she's so sweet & innocent.


Kaden chillin in the backyard with all the girls.


Flipping on the water slide.

Smore time!!

1 comments:

Kristi, Kristi Bang, Bang!!! said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Daisy!!! CANNOT believe she is 14!! And Nicole, she is such a great young lady because she had such a GREAT role model--YOU!!