Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

4th of July is always a big family reunion with the Gilbert family. For as long as I can remember, we've gone to my Aunt Joy & Uncle Kerry's house to celebrate. We eat tons of bar-b-q, hang out with family, eat more bar-b-q, and those who stick around long enough usually end the night with games and sometimes even fireworks. This year was a smaller than normal crowd, but that didn't stop us from having a good time. In fact, I really enjoyed this year. Maybe that's because the highlight of this year was showing off the newest member of the family. Today was a big day for Mr. Kaden. He met lots of family that he hadn't seen before.

I think the proudest was our cousin Cole. He was excited to meet Kaden, and announce more than once throughout the day that Kaden was his cousin.

He also got to meet my cousin Shelley (Cole's mommy). Shelley is a special cousin to me, and I was excited for Kaden to finally meet her.

My Nana (Kaden's Great-Nana) anxiously waited for her turn to hold one of her many great-grandkids. When Kaden was born, my Nana was sick and her doctors told her she wouldn't be able to see him for a couple weeks. She was not happy that she had to wait to meet her newest great-grandson. So, she's made up for the time she had to miss holding him.
Cole & Nana watch Kaden's big yawns. Meeting new family, and being passed around can wear a boy out.

So, he took a little nap. Check out the cool red, white & blue blanket. I'll share a story on that in the next post.

When he woke up, he was all smiles and ready to hang out with the family again. He was such a trooper!

Grandma & Papa were so proud of their grandson!

I only put one on here, but Micah & Kaden were good sports. They let me take several pictures of Kaden's first 4th of July.
However, all the pictures and family eventually just wore him out. He was so good today. It can be overwhelming to meet new people and be passed around and kissed all day. But, he was such a trooper! I think he's loved in the Gilbert family!

I hope you had a great 4th of July however you celebrated! Micah & I are very blessed. We're grateful for our freedom! We thank God first, and the men & women all over the world who sacrifice their lives for our freedom! God Bless!!

0 comments: