Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Daily Verse

Today's verse:

"So also, the tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do. Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes is breaks out into curses against those who have been made in the image of God." James 3:5,9

I've heard it said many times that the tongue is an evil thing. It can cause such damage. It's scary to think how "two faced" we can be: like James says, using our tongue to both praise and tear down. I know I don't think about that very often. What's even more scary is to think that the Bible tells us that "from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." (Luke 6:45) We can't blame our tongue for talking. We speak from our hearts. I hope that my tongue does more praising than tearing down. That's my prayer.

0 comments: