Monday, December 14, 2009

Daily Verse

Ok, I'm setting a new goal for myself. In addition to simply blogging more, (since I've been recently told how pathetic I am), I'm going to try to post a daily verse. Now, I know "daily" is a pretty big leap from someone who hasn't blogged since August. So, we'll see how good I do.


Micah and I are trying to be more diligent in the amount of time we spend during our daily Bible reading and quite time. So, I thought this might be a good idea. It'll give me a chance to share what I'm reading, and possibly reflect on what God's showing me.

So.... today's verse:

" Dear brothers, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything." James 1:2-4


I'll be the first to admit that I don't look at my "troubles" as joy. However, this is a great challenge! Maybe I'd be a lot better off if I'd use the "troubles," however big or small, that I walk through as opportunities to grow and learn, instead of always having a negative attitude towards things that don't go my way. Something to think about....

0 comments: