Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

I don't know why I'm just now getting around to doing this, but I thought I'd share our Tuesday with you. Micah left at his normal 5:15 am for work, and it took him about 2 hours to get there because of the rain. That's 30 min extra to his already long drive. He had already been frustrated cause it took him 3 hours to get home in the rain Monday night. We thought things were going to be better since Tuesday afternoon was rain free. Not so much! He didn't know before he left or alternate routes might have been an option. However, he discovered after sitting (yes, no movement) on I45 for 3 and a half hours, all lanes of I45 were under water and only the shoulder was passable. He left work at 3:30 thinking he was going to have an early night, and he didn't get home until 9:00. Yes...over 5 hours on the road. And we thought his 1.5 hour trip was a long time! Needless to say, neither of us were in a good mood when he got home. Pretty much ate and went to bed! Fun times! 

0 comments: